Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sometimes I am amazed......

How a simple passage from a book can speak what your soul has been struggling to find the words to express. Let me share a few more examples of such an awe-inspiring experience (taken from Lisa Samson's Quaker Summer) :

"See, right now I'm living in a puzzle, the box lid having just been taken off, and I stare down into the pieces, some clear, some hidden, and they work together somehow, but I'm just looking at them, smelling the woody pulp, and wondering, all the while knowing it's designed to do so, how in the world I'll make it all fit together and look like something real. Even the box lid sports no picture to guide me."

"Sometimes you have to go a little bit crazy to find the life you were meant to live."

"Do you picture Jesus as perfectly coiffed or kinda messy?"
"Messy."
"Most definitely messy."
"I'm kinda messy, at least on the inside. Is there a church out there where people can be messy?"
"Everybody's messy, hon."
"Okay, then, Mr. Smarty-Pants. Is there a church out there where we can admit we're messy?"
"I'd like to think so."

Lord, please let it be so......

No comments: